Inspiration stones

Inspiration stones

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yummy, quick, easy (&healthy) Pumpkin dip

I LOVE PUMPKIN!  I am so happy that it is pumpkin season.  Again a thank you to my sister, Boog, for turning me on to this wonderful recipe.  The most difficult part of this recipe is putting it in the fridge for 30 minutes, I want to eat it right away!  But seriously, it allows the flavors to blend beautifully.  (I reduced the amount of sugar, if you like things a little sweeter, add a little more). This is also a great dip to bring to a party.  Sprinkle a little lemon juice on the sliced apples to prevent browning.

Ingredients:
1 (8oz) package neufchâtel (reduced fat) cream cheese, room temperature is easier to work with
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (save the rest for pumpkin oatmeal)
2 T brown sugar, packed
1 T maple syrup
1/2 t ground cinnamon
3-4 apples, washed & sliced




Method:
Mix first three ingredients until smooth.  (If you are using a mixer, be sure to use a rubber scraper to get all the cream cheese from the bottom of the bowl.)  Add syrup and cinnamon and mix until smooth.

Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Slice up the apples & ENJOY!

1 comment: