Inspiration stones

Inspiration stones

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mini egg frittata - amazing delicious easy GF breakfast, snack or appetizer

Mini egg frittata - amazing delicious easy GF breakfast, snack or appetizer

These little babies are wonderful and perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast, snack or appetizer.

As a base you need:
6 eggs (I always use free range, vegetarian fed, organic, even though they are a little more expensive)

1/2 cup milk or alternate (I use So Delicious sugar free unsweetened coconut milk)
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup cheese (I usually use feta or sharp cheddar depending on what I have on hand/other ingredients used)


Your choice to add:
1 cup of veggies - here is where you can be creative or use up what you have on hand.  I typically use fresh or frozen spinach with feta cheese and a healthy dash of Frank's Hot Sauce.  Other ideas are zucchini and bell pepper.  Many receipts include onion and garlic neither of which goes well for me first thing in the morning.  If you find a combination that you enjoy, please feel free to share it!

Directions:
Heat oven to 350F.  Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add cheese and veggies; mix well.  Spoon or pour evenly into 12 'greased' (I used coconut oil spray but they stuck a little, so I'd recommend olive oil spray) muffin tin.  Bake until just set, approximately 20-25 minutes.  Serve warm and they are easy to reheat in a microwave oven. ENJOY!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment