Inspiration stones

Inspiration stones

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Breakfast berry green shake

This is my breakfast most mornings!!

1-2 cups of organic baby spinach (put in blender first!)
1 cup frozen organic blueberries (you can use whatever organic frozen fruit you want here - I enjoy pineapple and mango.  I would not recommend raspberries or strawberry because the seeds will get stuck in your teeth)
1 cup coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 cup coconut water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons plant based protein powder - I use Raw Meal, found at Whole Foods or other health food store, because it is GF, dairy free, soy free, raw, vegan

Blend until smooth!  Be sure to put the spinach in first.  You can use any fresh organic greens you like - I've tried kale, mixed green, baby romaine but I seem to always have spinach available.  You can also use all coconut milk or all coconut water, I like the combination.  And yes, you need to put a whole tablespoon of coconut oil in - I use more - it's SO good for you!!  ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment